Followers

Translate

Friday, February 28, 2014

More Slow Paper Piecing

I continue to work on my Vintage Block Quilt and am finally down to 6 left to do, and they seem to be the hardest. Partial seams plus paper piecing is a bit much for my to learn at 75. 

TILTED STAR





And here are pictures of what I am having to do to make sense out of all the angles in these last PP’ed blocks. I color the sections with colored pencils, pin them according to the pictures in the book, and then add scraps of the fabrics I think I want to use to try to make a final decision.

DOUBLE WINDMILL
 Back...this has to be the MOST confusing one for me of all the blocks...

This is the front of the paper.

EXPLODING STAR

GEOMETRIC STAR

The other remaining blocks are all cut and not paper pieced.

This post is linked with:

9 comments:

  1. Love your tilted star, this block is popping up everywhere, the black and mustard are my favourites. And like you I think I colour in way more now than I did as a child ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the yellow center - such a great pop of color. nice work! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seems quite a difficult pattern to get to grips with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's complicated! But supposedly complex problem solving keeps your brain young.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors. It looks hard. I have been worried about you. Are you okay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok. Now you think I am out of it. Somehow I have missed your last two posts. Geez. Did you get a package? Glad you are okay, just really busy aren't you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm sure it will be worth it in the end! Though I'm not a fan at all of partial seams - they are a bit tough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so busy...I wish I lived close to you. Or you to me...it would be so much fun...I can see that one being so confusing. I love the tilted star...and know I will love the others once I see the fabric version.

    ReplyDelete