Followers

Translate

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Piece of Me ~ {in the picture} ~ 52 in 52 ~ #7


I am one of those older women who has to constantly watch her weight. It is either walk before I leave for school in the mornings or drag myself out on the highway and walk after I get home in the evenings. This was taken with me fully dressed for work this morning about 6:45 at my 1/2 mile point The minute I got back to the car (my 14 minute mile complete) I took off the sneakers and put on my school teacher shoes. Then I pulled off to drive the 30 minutes to my school. Today it was beautiful so I was able to walk another mile when I got home this afternoon. I am not doing very well with my iPhone photos, but at least I am keeping my bargain of 52 photos in 52 weeks in 2012.

This post is linked with  A Piece of Me ~ {in the picture}~ on Flickr

9 comments:

  1. good for you for walking! you do look a bit severe in this selfie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great keep fit strategy, Genie. Good to see you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so darn good that you are doing this. I try to get out everyday also, but lately, not so much! Nice to see you also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to do that walking! is that a look of extreme focus???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you and your walking. Some people can't stand untied shoes, I want to go and untangle your headphone wires.

    Also, I hope you are not walking on the street with the headphones.

    Nag, nag, nag,

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a great personal discipline to walk every day. I should do so myself but I don't do it every day. When I was younger I never had to look at my weight, it was always the same, but from 55 everything I eat ends on my hips. But old women never die!

    ReplyDelete
  7. While it's good that you got this picture with your iPhone, I even more impressed with your walking discipline. Good for you.

    Thank you for the information about Reems Creek you gave in my blog post. We've also been to Sliding Rock a number of times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Genie! I'd like to be a regular walker too but I'm a bit lazy!
    Thanks for sharing your potrait. It's good to see you. I can see you love music;o)
    And thanks for your lovely comment in my blog;o)

    ***
    Hugs****

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love walking, too. Average about 3-5 miles at least 4 times a week interspersed with biking and a run now and then. LOVE this photo of the real you....headphones and hat and determination in your eyes! Walking is wonderfully tranquil and satisfying, isn't it? Here in Colorado, at 8,000', there are so many places to do just that very thing!
    Walk on woman!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete