Followers

Translate

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Grandchildren Being Grandchildren ~ Christmas 2011

For what more could a grandmother ask at Christmas than to be with four grandchildren? Well, the answer to that question would be all six of them. Unfortunately I had to settle for four this year, but every minute of it was Heaven on Earth. I wore one continuous smile. Here they are just being themselves ranging from 6 years of age 
all the way to 20. 
 The "Tickle Torture” ~ The Six Year Old Can Hold Her Own!

 Brothers Wrestling on the Sofa

Third Brother  Watching the Others Roughhousing

 Santa Requires Clean Teeth before Bed

 Gotta read “The Night Before Christmas” before turning out the lights.

Taking a Short Rest from all the Fun and Games

Finally, TIme for a Family Game of Apples to Apples

Yes, the simple things of life are 
by far the very best.

This post is linked with The Simple Things.


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous black and white photos! Your grandkids sure are lucky to have a really cool grandmom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post! Your so lucky to have them:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great b & w photos - looks like your family is having so much fun! Thank you for your very kind comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was wonderful! Cute kids (and young adults!@) Glad you were with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming over to my blog! I browsed around yours for a bit and I really love the variety of pictures you take - and so many link-ups! Very impressive. I think I love your b&w photos most. Oh wait, maybe the close-ups. Or the landscape.... hmmm.... no really, I think I love b&w. In these digital days it's not often that one sees really beautiful b&w pictures that don't look all gray and washed out.

    I have a lot to learn :)

    Happy New Year to you, too!
    Swenja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genie, your photos are wonderful. There really is nothing quite like spending time with grandchildren over Christmas and I was fortunate enough to be able to do just that this past Christmas. Such treasured times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If your six are like our one, I cannot imagine all the laughing you do.

    ReplyDelete