Followers

Translate

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ugliness

Wart Man in Stone
North Mountain ~ Rockbridge County~Virginia


While hiking up on North Mountain Saturday, I discovered this rock formation perched above the valley where we live. The closer I got to it the more interesting it became, and then I saw the face with its extended forehead and protruding nose. I immediately thought of Rodin’s “The Thinker” at the Musee’ Rodin covered in warts with his head resting on the lower section of the rock. For me, I have to say it represents the epitome of ugliness. I’m sure a geologist would beg to differ, but the Flickr Macro Monday prompt did say...Ugliness~a personal interpretation."

This shot is a part of the Flickr Macro Monday Group.

1 comment:

  1. Well, my interpretation of this rock is surreal and beautiful!!
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete