Followers

Translate

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching~March 2, 2014

While scrounging around in my fabric room, I came across 16 blocks of lavender candle wicking I did at least 30 years ago for my daughter. She was in Sigma Sigma Sigma at UVA and these are the colors...purple and white. Some of the muslin is spotted, but all in all they are in great shape. I have decided to finally make her quilt, and this one will be done all by hand. These are the things I have been working on for the last few days and today in particular. I switch back and forth from one to one. I wonder if others of you do this.


 This is the first one I put together.

 As of today  I have completed four.

My happy hand stitches.
When doing it by hand, where my seams meet always turn out so much better.

I am also basting the binding onto my son’s birthday Crazy Chicken Checkerboard quilt. I will stitch it and then whip it by hand.

 A group of us are making monthly table runners, and this is my outline stitching. 
This is so relaxing.

Here’s the way it should when completed. The fabric is green and beige tho’ the camera does not show it that way.



9 comments:

  1. the purples in the quilt are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do switch back and forth between projects too. Your work is coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love those purples Genie, and loved the claddagh symbol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty purples! I love just about any kind of hand work but have never hand pieced. Since I'm not the most accurate pieced, I wonder if I ought to hand piece my quilt tops. Only downside is that instead of 2-3 quilts in a year, I'll only be able to make 1! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO many beautiful projects on the go... love that candle wicking!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice variety of projects. The lavender blocks will make for a pretty and meaningful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your purple blocks. It is true that hand piecing is more accurate and so enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE seeing what you are doing...I generally work on one project...at least that is the way I have done in the past few years. Not always, and now that I have this new machine upstairs, it may not be that way now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lot you have going on / LOVE those blocks that you are doing for your daughter!

    I go back and forth between a few things, yes, absolutely! :)

    ReplyDelete