Followers

Translate

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lavender Candle Wicking Quilt

This week I am working on finishing up the top of my lavender quilt. One of the blocks was so stained after being squirreled away for over 25 years I had to use everything except the kitchen sink, but I finally got them out. I had 16 blocks to work with. I’ve pieced 3 rows and have the fourth still to do and the top strip. I picked the lavender floral and solid because they fit perfectly with the old blocks. Then I found the pink and lavender pansy with the light green background material to use for the back, but decided to also use it on the front. It looked so old timey to me. Now, I have to decide what color panels I am going to use at the top and bottom and on the sides. Think I will probably go with white, but I am always changing my mind.


This post is linked with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

7 comments:

  1. it is pretty. i like that it feels 'old-fashioned' with the needlework/embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lavender is a great choice. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. purple is my favorite color - so pretty. can't wait to see what you make next. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know what candle wicking referred to, so looked it up. These are beautiful blocks! Love the lavender. My mother always wanted me to learn to quilt, but I wasn't interested. When she passed away she left numerous unfinished projects. I couldn't bear to throw them out, so I'm working on finishing them one at a time. She finally got her wish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I love candlewicking. I actually made a quilt and a wall hanging years ago. Love the lavendar. You are on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i like this one too!! you have been BUSY!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt with lavender color!
    Saludos!

    ReplyDelete