Followers

Translate

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

#29 - Stonewall Filling Station ~ RT 60 - Rockbridge County

Stonewall Service Station
Route 60 West ~ West Midland Trail
Rockbridge County, Lexington, VA

Here still stands the old Stonewall Service Station. If you walk to the top of our driveway and look to the right, you will see this local treasure. The last time I checked someone lived in it, but that was a long time ago and I think it is only used for storage now. If you look closely, the columns are really cool. It has not been used as a filling station for 40 years that I know of, but with that coat of bright green paint, it looks like it could be cleaned up and put back into use in no time flat. Just some more “local color” from my neck of the woods.The property belongs to the people who own the first house on the left after hours going up the mountain. They are that close.




This post is linked with Lesley’s Signs2.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Genie
    I can not say enough, I love these old houses. This colorful "Stonewall- Service-Station and the red car are fantastic.
    Too bad that so many old houses are razed to the ground, these are witnesses that would still be very exciting for our youth.
    Nice day Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks pretty clean and fresh to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could see this being a nice little place to live as long as you don't mind the smell of a service station. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to have it for a nice little quilt studio! Love that it is that green color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I lived in Georgia I saw many old stations of this style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see this old building is being kept up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! After 40 years and the sign is still there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why would you change the sign! I love these types of 'ghosts'

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color of that building. I might have missed the sign, had you not pointed it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look of these old service stations, and you have found a great one!

    ReplyDelete