Followers

Translate

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Daily Photo ~ 7-25-11


This One’s for You, Mickie
Thanks for all of your kind comments. 
I really did go right out, moved the hibiscus, and shot the shadow.
If you want to see Mickie’s beautiful hibiscus shadow shot, click on her name and you will magically arrive at her blog - ForGetMeNot .


"Find beauty not only in the thing itself but in the pattern of the shadows, the light and dark which that thing provides.” 
~Junichiro Tanizaki


This post is linked to The Creative Exchange.
For my hibiscus I used Vintage Frame 12 from The CoffeeShop Blog and “frosted” from Kim Klassen. 

13 comments:

  1. Genie, Great job--that is really pretty, and you got a nice shadow too. Have a good Monday!! Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful color =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genie thanks for your kind comments! They make me so happy :)
    Lovely Hibiscus and color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS Genie! I love the wonderful color and softness. Beautifully done!

    Thank you so much for sharing this today at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a fantastic day!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really terrific photo here.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty hibiscus shot, with a perfect shadow of the stamen (is that what it's called?). This flower is called gumamela in the Philippines, and for some reason I like the sound of that name. I also fell in love with gumamelas last year (this year it was tulips in Europe). I like your frame on your hibiscus too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I just love the soft peachy color -- my favorite. All of you great professional photographers (maybe you aren't, but you should be) make me drool with envy -- but I am too lazy to try harder. Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful hibiskus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. soft and ever so delightful..

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeosu color on one of my favorite flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous and soft. Was looking for a shadow of the bloom...glad I found it, thanks to one of your fans!

    ReplyDelete