Followers

Translate

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

March 1, 2016 ~ My First Sketch of Jack ~ Art Journal

"Good art is not what it looks like,
but what it does to us."
Roy Adzak



This is my first attempt at sketching my VERY OLD Schnauzer, Jack. He now sleeps most of the day and he appears to be losing his sight and hearing. Instead of playing with my granddaughter and her friend when they come for a visit, he goes and hides. He used to scamper on their heels all around our non-use-farm. It is so sad. The one thing he continues to do with a vengeance is bark when Buddy is leaving for work. That really upsets him. The other one is when the pest control man comes - who he does not like - I have to put him in his kennel, and then he barks the entire time Mike is here. So...he still has perk left in him, but not what it used to be. He continues to be my baby, and “King I” around this old place along with “King II”, Trouble, Bud's cat! Trouble does NOT want to have anything to do with me.



This post is linked with Moo-Mania and Inspirational Challenges.



5 comments:

  1. A wonderful drawing of your Jack, our pets are precious. I enjoyed reading your post today.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely sketching - great how you sketched Jack!
    He seems to have much personality!
    Our pets are all unique!
    Thank you so much dear Genie for playing with us at Moo Mania & More!
    Fabulous to have you with us!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Jack's blankie" :-) a really sweet sketch of your Schnauzer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like this Genie. Your Jack looks like my Jack. Love it.

    ReplyDelete