Followers

Translate

Thursday, February 18, 2016

February 18, 016 ~ The Music of Love

Blogger has given me nothing but trouble today. To create this post has taken hours. It would not accept my pictures, and then after I finally got them to post I was left with these little boxes. I moved the pictures around in order to delete hoping they would go away, but NO luck.When I got up this morning it had printed my journal page five or six times at full size all over the post as well as the drawing of my granddaughter. I have deleted all of those and hope it is working correctly now.



This is another of my art journal pages.
I made an attempt at using watercolors, but it leaves a lot to be desired.
I have a long ways to go. It looks easy, but it's not!
I used watercolor paper that I pasted into my journal, watercolors, stamping,
pen and ink, cut and paste, and embossing. I intentionally scraped off some
of the embossing because I was trying to give the piece an aged appearance.

I am participating in the Creative Artiste-Mixed Media Challenge,
the  Lunagirl February Challenge, and  Art Journal Journey Monthly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Here is another shot of eloise and Sage sketching.
Of course, they are watching TV. I have them trained to watch 
House and Garden Channel with the Property Brothers and Fixer Upper.




This pen and ink was done by Eloise this weekend at age 10.
It is all freehand. 
It looks like she inherited her grandfather’s and dad’s art talents.


15 comments:

  1. I am very impressed with your art. I am hopeless at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow,love your page with the lovely angel and hearts.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Journal page is beautiful, sorry that Blogger messed you up! Love the way the kids are sketching. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. hallo Genie!
    You are so busy and such wonderful results, my dear!
    If you want to participate, I do a new linky. Just look! http://letzterrang.blogspot.de/
    (Something red should be find, no?!)
    Herzlich Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  5. The post worked well in the end! Blogger can have a mind of it's own at times!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely post and a fantastic journal page, loved the sketches your family have been drawing.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous page- such a wonderful Mixed Media style and a beautiful zentangle from your talented girl!
    Thank you for sharing your page with us at Art Journal Journey Genie!

    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genie, I've always liked your collages. They are creative and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful ~ I love your pen and ink work, and the vintage-feeling red and black color scheme. Thanks for joining my February LOVE challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com! ~ Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your painting looks good, at first I thought it was stitching. It's a lovely page that fits the theme perfectly.
    How annoying of Blogger, but your post looks perfectly alright now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, goodness, you have to look here at what I posted and what I used to do while I listened at school. Oh, my goodness, this is just too funny that you posted this of Eloise's...

    Love your art page...

    ReplyDelete
  12. a lovely entry for AJJ! How cool that Eloise and Sage have the creative genes too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful and romantic page.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your L♥ve page is lovely!
    How nice that creative genes run all through your family.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete