Followers

Translate

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

#5 ~ Dragonfly


“Well, one can’t get over the habit of being a little girl all at once.
~Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea, 1901




Please excuse the shadow in the dragonfly shot, but it is next to impossible to capture a page well when all the pages before it and the cover are folded under. For Christmas, my daughter gave me Millie Morotta’s “Animal Kingdom” coloring book, and I cannot put it down. The sketches are there, and you get to use your colored pencils, graphite pencils, Micron pens, or watercolor pencils to your heart’s content. This one was done first with hard colored pencils and then with the soft ones. The sky is the limit. If any of you loved coloring as a child or  wish you were a budding artist, go out and buy this book for yourself. There are others on the market like “The Secret Garden”, but this one is especially nice because it has birds, flowers, and all kinds of animals in it. 

This picture was taken with my old Canon PowerShot A3400 IS HD on January 5, 2016. 





9 comments:

  1. How I love that dragonfly! It is wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've picked wonderful colours Genie. We have an artist here called Anya Brock.. looks just like one of her works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. golden and looking full of great worth!
    Herzlich Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Genie, it seems your life has come full circle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a wonderful job. When my hand finally heals, I want to color. Hope the new year is being kind to you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. we have some adult coloring books at work for when it gets slow in the deep night. it is relaxing (unless your hand cramps!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a interesting dragon fly shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely choice of colours! For Christmas I received the postcards called Animal Kingdom. I hope I have the patience to do as nice a job as you have on the dragonfly. ;)

    ReplyDelete