Followers

Translate

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

#11~ Cats and Eyes

      Thank you for all of your kind comments about my Children’s Series somewhat focusing on the Oklahoma City Bombings and how I expressed my sadness with the loss of those 19 little innocents  using art. The thought that went into the words you wrote to me meant more than you will know, and I have read all of your replies over and over again. I was very hesitant to post my cards, but after a lot of thought I decided to just go ahead and do it. My feelings were I should be posting these to my other blog, "Buttons for Baga", because these were not photography, but I reminded myself that I have been posting my sewing and quilting to this site for a long time.  

Today I am posting two...one from 1996 and a new one. I hope they make you giggle. The first one is about four women who met each other every summer for a week in Charleston, SC, year after year after year, and as our daughters aged they were included, too. Now, only two of us are out and about. One has been in and out of the hospital for quite a few years with serious problems, and the other is in an extended care facility. One of the daughters has the scrapbook of all our happy years together, so our girls will have that to look at in the years to come.


“A cat can be trusted to purr when she is pleased, which is more than can be said for human beings.”
~William Ralph Inge



“If you want me to fall for you, you have to give me something worth tripping for."
         ~Author Unknown 

13 comments:

  1. love the story about you and your friends..it reminds me of the yaya's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Genie
    Now you've really made me laugh
    the kitten with the sneakers are simply cute - great idea.
    Nice day.
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  3. hallo Genie,
    I will look longer about the meaning. My first impression is:
    wonderful!
    ...and please stay patient, you will have 10 or 20 years more to learn anything and all.
    Your Baby Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to know the scrapbook is in safe hands for future generations to celebrate Genie. Beautiful to look back on. Your art makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful. I love that first one, especially!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can only imagine how much fun those trips with friends must have been. So clever to capture it all with a laugh in cards and scrapbooks. You are quite the artist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great friendship you have had and your daughters have. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, Genie, I think you missed your calling. I love the one of you and your friends...love the thoughts of doing that with my school friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first one is so funny and well painted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Genie, what a nice story about you and your friends. You are creative, the scrapbook is a good idea. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful that you met with four friends for many year and that you sometimes included yiur daughters - a lovely "extended family." Your art is so full of meaning and you are very creative.

    ReplyDelete