Followers

Translate

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A Happy Half Day at Fairfield Elementary School

Today I subbed a half day in Fairfield’s kindergarten for a teacher who had been bitten by a spider and needed to go to the doctor. I had such fun on a yucky, rainy day. Some of the pictures are from inside the building,  others were taken through the big windows, and two were taken on my way home this afternoon. I could not go outside to take any pictures because the door would have locked, and I would have been stuck out in the rain. ALL DOORS REMAIN LOCKED AT THE SCHOOL FOR SAFETY! Sadly, this is our new world.

This is another one of the little murals in the halls. It is precious and I think a nice one for "Monday Murals".




Three cute little cows... there were lots more, but these were my favorites. Do you think these will qualify for “Saturday Critters”? I think they are pretty cool and whimsical critters, myself and would love to have one at my house :-)


This is the coolest, colorful hanging fence.
My creative “Good Fence” for the week.

And here is another take on it.


This is the gardening area which is located in the center of the school. Even on a yucky day it is very inviting. This is where the “hanging fence” is located.



 As you can see, it was still very foggy and raining when I was driving home. The Department of Transportation rock pile I post last week is on the left.


Here is a closer shot of my favorite tree. This gives you a totally new view of it. These are my contributions to “Outdoor Wednesdays"



This post is linked with:



18 comments:

  1. Hallo good morning my dear friend. Life pure, what you share. Thank you! P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice you could return to your old job for a day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a happy post Genie, apart from the locked doors that's not so happy :( but working with young children is a joy. Your interpretation of each theme made me smile, you should have linked up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brings back memories, I wish all of them were pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mural works by the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Genie, I love this...and that quote about teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning. I have to say that my girls had some really great teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Locked doors, that is a sad commentary on the way of life in the US now. Love the cow picture, quite cute :) and the hanging rainbow fence.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice mural and such fine artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that creative fence. I really like that they are teaching the kids gardening skills, it's something they will enjoy for the rest of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes, that´s a cool fence for sure. :) And lovely cows too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your community is so fortunate to have you on call! I hope they know that. Charming pictures of cows ... Better than I could do. And the mural beautifully illustrates my life motto! That's how I want to be! Grateful for the wonder each new day brings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, I love the cute cow critter murals. Great fence find too. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic post with all those memes covered! I really love the hanging fence & of course those cute drawings by the children, great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  14. fun post and great photos ~ love the fence!

    Wishing you a magical weekend,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. That "Hanging" fence is really neat. Reminds me of a Xylophone

    ReplyDelete