Followers

Translate

Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Genie Is Out of the Bottle



 Some days I feel full of vim and vigor, full of life 
like these beautiful plants.


 Then there are the others when my back pain returns with a vengeance, my chronic anemia takes over, or I enter into one of my periods of “the down in the dumpies” or as the doctors call it...depression. At times I am not worth a hoot so I just stay at home reading, resting, and sometimes quilting. If I can get out, I go and visit my patients as I am a Hospice volunteer caregiver. I continue to substitute when I can.This is the first time I have had the strength to even mention it openly, but I guess it is time to share this tidbit with all of you. I am in the process of accepting the reality of my not being able to do many of the things I so loved doing. I do not want to focus on this, but rather just accept I have no control over it and move ahead with the rest of my life living it to the fullest. There are so many in far more pain than I, fighting far more serious illnesses, and who are hurting far worse than I. As a Hospice volunteer, I see this whenever I make a visit.  As I leave, I always feel uplifted. It makes me so happy to bring some love and companionship and to ones so ill and alone. I am very thankful for the blessings I have.  It was just time to let you all know so you could understand why I come in and out on my “Genie Bottle”... aka...my computer. O.K. Now, I have said it - shared it - and I’ve closed that book. It’s good to be back. My love to all of you.

12 comments:

  1. And my love to you Genie. So good to see you posting and I appreciate you sharing what's been going on. Your photos are lovely. Wishing you a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful that you are helping people! And some of us will rarely feel at the top of our game because of things beyond our control. But as I told my daughter, don't worry if you're not always happy because you are SPECTACULAR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you again. It is sometimes difficult to communicate with anyone, even the anonymous cyberspace of the blogging world. I admire you so much for opening up and sharing your feelings with your blogging friends. Hope you have some upside to your life over the coming weeks and months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see you again. When a blogger suddenly stops blogging, you always wonder what the reason is. It can be anything and you hope there are no serious reasons. It is great you pick the blogging up again after such a long time. I often thought about you and your running Buddy, nice to hear he is still running in the mountains. Hope you are doing well now and can show us some more beautiful photos. To loose a good friend is helas inevitable when getting older and is sad to deal with.
    Greetings, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a surprise when a checked the comments on my blog. You made my day. Climbing the Digital Mountain One Step at a Time has returned. Genie I had given up. It has been a longtime since your last post and I was thinking the worst. Glad to see that you have returned to your camera. Keep on clicking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! I did love finding your comment this morn. I think we all have to accept things, but sometimes hard to do. I have continued to check your blog. Oh, not everyday but at least two or three times a week...always in the hopes of seeing a post. I will say this, I have had back pain that was able to be fixed by going to a chiropractor, or as in when I go shopping, and just have to get home or wear different shoes... but I am here to tell you I feel sorry for anyone that lives with it all the time. I have said time and again, I don't know how people do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so pleased to see your comment, Genie, and I'm glad you found the energy to resume posting...at least once in a while. I'm impressed you are a hospice volunteer and I'm glad you find joy in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Genie, I am new to your blog, and yet appreciate your post today. My prayer is that God will show his presence even in your suffering and help you find peace. I know you are a joy to others, including those in hospice care who so desperately need a voice of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back!!
    Wonderful colors, the eternal return of nature, beautiful photos!
    Limbo Delirium
    Black & White Abstract

    ReplyDelete
  10. accepting things is always tough for me, too. bless you, genie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As with so man others, you can imagine my surprise seeing your comment show up in one of my recent posts. So happy to hear from you. For some reason - probably something I did computer-wise (or computer-dumb) your post did not come in to my feed so I am re-following to see if that works. I can't find Buddy's blog. I may have post that also. I need his inspiration to motivate me with my running. Glad you are back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy you are back and I loved every one of your new posts ... I'm grateful you shared what's been going on in your life and am inspired that you are able to focus on the positive ... That's always my goal, but not always easy. Take care dear blog friend!

    ReplyDelete