Followers

Translate

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Our Hummers Have Returned

It was an exciting day yesterday when I got these photos. I haven’t been at home much in the last six weeks because one of my children has not been well and I have been helping out around their house...one of those things grandmothers do so well. Every year I fret and stew that the hummingbirds will bypass us and not return, but my faith is still there. I was sitting out on our front porch looking this way and that when the missing hummers decided to come in for din-din. Somehow, I managed to get the lens on the correct setting and captured these pictures. Hope you enjoy them. It tickles me to death to get captures like these, and it makes me happy to get up a post these days. Just, please bear with me on the commenting on all of your wonderful pictures. Soon, I hope things will get back to normal, I will be at home more, and I will have time to spend on the computer. Happy Birding.







I just had to try a bit of texture.





This post is linked with:
Wild Bird Wednesday
Bird D’Pot
I Heart Macro
Reconnect with Nature

25 comments:

  1. beautiful little ruby-throat! glad he could lift your spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting to see these pictures Genie, you got some great pictures of the hummer. Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty! Glad you were able to capture the beauty and willing to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how wonderful! I have the feeder out, but no hummers yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some really colorful photos! That is about the fanciest hummingbird feeder I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, really nice ! well done Genie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow What a flamboyant feeder. Lovely shots of the little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooooh, how special to have these visit your home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful hummer pictures Genie and I hope they are an omen not only for the return of Spring but also of returning health to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are beautiful pictures. Love that you are taking them. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...those hummers lift my spirits too. Aren't they precious?!! You managed to get some great images - beautiful bird, and great feeder!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous series of photos ~ the hummingbird is so adorable and the colors so lively like the little hummer ~ xoxo

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - amazing that you captured this. They are so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful captures of this little beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful hummers- mine came and then left. Usually they stick around longer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great to have such birds in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful shots of the hummers, could they possibly be any cuter? I hope your daughter has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  18. adorable little birds, we love watching them in the garden

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hummers are amazing birds. We don't have them here.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing shots =) #iheartmacro

    ReplyDelete
  21. that is a special moment you have captured there, they are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love them! Humming birds are my second favorite bird (after Whistling ducks of course).
    Very nice photos Genie!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So beautiful Genie! I saw one in our azaleas the other day when I was gardening. Thanks for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro:-)

    ReplyDelete