Followers

Translate

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Lightroom 4 ~ My First Attempt ~ DP 11-4-12

My "Round Trip" eClass with Kim Klassen began for real yesterday. Our introductory class was on the Tuesday before. Class meets twice a week for 4 weeks. So far I have begun pulling my photos into LR4, adding keywords to them, and then placing them into collections. I have now brought over 670 pictures by first opening them in iPhoto and then just simply dragging and dropping them into the LR icon located in the toolbar of my MacBook Pro...Easy Peasy :-) Then I worked with the originals in LR, edited them some more in RadLab, and then returned them to LR to sit alonside the originals in my library. Here you have it... my first try...and LR even put my watermark in for me without my asking. I did not eve know I had been successful creating it. Guess that is what you call a "preset." It took me hours yesterday afternoon and night and then all day today to view and study all of the videos, take notes, figure out how to do the nitpicky things I needed to do to move in my photos from iPhoto, set up my LR library, add the keywords, and then place them into their appropriate collections. Geeze, it was tedious, but I had an awful lot of fun. Lesson 3 will be here on Tuesday.


This is the hook on one side of our 15 year Eddie Bauer or LLBean hammock. We bought it so long ago I do not remember from which store we got it. We are still using it 12 months a year.

This post is linked with Macro Monday, and I am going to try to work on catching up with my commenting once the posts go up.


5 comments:

  1. Delicious photos. I'm sure those classes utilized optimally.
    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my eyes hurt just thinking about all that computer time. :) keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Lightroom too! But I'm self-taught and know that is much to learn.

    Look forward to reading more about your LR adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! I have used LR for 4 years now and although I do most of my editing in PS, I love LR for the organization and the fact that your original photo remains intact no matter what. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I like about you the most, is how you keep challenging yourself and the very natural ability you were born with to DO THINGS, LEARN STUFF AND CHALLENGE YOURSELF TO THE LIMIT. I love your BLOG, I love learning because I read your posts and adore your photo challenges.
    Thanks for that, Eh :)

    ReplyDelete