Followers

Translate

Monday, September 3, 2012

A Brand New Home and Barn



I notice now that while focusing towards the family 
I ended up with the barn and fireplace at a slant.


While in Sequim, WA, my son took us by a co-worker's new home and barn where they plan to have a small organic farm. The building came made to order and cranes put it into place. It's huge inside with a high pointed ceiling. In fact, there is room for a fine loft if they ever want one in the future. On each side are three wonderful windows for light and across the front three very large doors which work off of chain pulleys. When we sent inside, the last one in failed to shut the side door, and a little bird flew inside. BIG PROBLEM. We had a heck of a time getting it out, but after much effort it flew out the middle front door. They are nesting in the eaves so I have a hunch there's going to be more episodes of them sneaking in.

This post is linked with Tricia's Barn Charm.

12 comments:

  1. looks like a beautiful place they've built! i like the chiminea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky family. Looks like a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, I like the barn! Around here, I think they call them pole barns, but I'm not sure why. Regardless, thy go up quick and have lots of room. I hope to have one some day (or better yet, buy an old farm with a traditional barn).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure they are very proud of their new home and barn...many great years ahead for this family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although these metal barns lack the charm of the old ones, I guess they are easier to construct and maintain. Very nice operation here - I wish them much success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a nice place to build many happy memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They've built a beautiful place... Good times to be had on this lil farm.

    Thanks so much for your comment, you're so sweet!

    Thank you, too, for joining =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a gorgeous new place! Lovely barn! It should serve them well for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck to them in the new farming venture! Those new barns are nice, but I still like the charm of an old wooden barn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not as charming as old barns, but certainly looks very functional.

    ReplyDelete