Followers

Translate

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Memories

Beyond Layers Class ~ Week 1

I am taking Kim Klassen’s eclass called "Beyond Layers.”  Our assignment this week was to take photos and think “LIGHT”...the location of the light in reference to the subject being photographed and “LIGHT” when it comes to texture and processing work. This one was a bit difficult being that I love the darker oil paintings and photographs, so this old dog is having to try to learn some new tricks. “Memories”  was  darker than it appears here, but until I can master the mouse over, you will just have to take my word. The texture I used was Kim’s “awaken.”


This post is linked with Beyond Layers.

9 comments:

  1. Very serene image. Saw you over at beyond layers. looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very pretty shot and I lee the light in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun to try new things and learn new techniques--you'll enjoy "playing around" with this and seeing what you can do! Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, learning the light is something I know nothing about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think i'd have had a tough time with that assignment, too. i like me some shadows! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful composition and texture work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is hard to let go sometimes isn't it...your creation is lovely.

    ReplyDelete