Followers

Translate

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Signs, Signs ~ 10-26-11

While I was out shooting the interesting church steeples on Main Street of our little town of Lexington, VA, I noticed this construction company sign . I don’t know what it was about the sign that caught my eye...maybe it was the bright  weeds still full of color, the blade for the center, the colors used on the sign itself, the bloom in the upper left corner that makes me think of a Christmas light...or all of them put together. Whatever it was, I really think it is a cool one.



“Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution.”
~Kahill Gibran

This post is linked with Lesley’s Signs, Signs.

12 comments:

  1. It is quite eye-catching! I like it also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever sign. It says a lot in a simple way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sign has a nice home town "feel" to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An ingenious sign design for a construction co. I love the colors.
    Nice shot, Gene,

    Hugs and smiles,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! It's very cool and eye catching...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a cool sign, for all the reasons you list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sign! I love the use of the saw and I would have thought the tree would made you think of Christmas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great sign and a lovely composition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful sign, I love the colors and the design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perhaps what caught you eye was the buzz saw blade. It caught mine.

    ReplyDelete