Followers

Translate

Friday, October 8, 2010

Weekend in Black and White

All Alone in Black and White

On my way home from work this afternoon, I found this one tiny flower alongside the Maury River down in a great fishing area called Bean’s Bottom. It looked so lonely there among all the leaves on the the bank I just had to take a picture. I think it’s face lighted up and smiled just as I was snapping the photo. Shooting monochrome is WAY out of my comfort zone, but one cannot learn without taking some risks. 

I am linking up with Weekend in Black and White, the new home for monochrome maniacs.

“I went into the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
~Henry David Thoureau, 1854

3 comments:

  1. Love the Thoreau quote. The flower looks so lovely, almost like it's lit as if on stage. Beautiful.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatiful and delicate. Perfect focus.

    ReplyDelete